A day at Cedar Tree Montessori Children's House includes:
- Hands on learning with Montessori materials.
- Practical Life work for developing coordination and concentration.
- Social Skills to learn how to get our needs met peacefully.
- Care for the self, others, our environment and our earth.
- Music to gain opportunities to be introduced to new sounds, songs and rhythms.
- Movement to learn body awareness.
- Sensory Awareness to explore with all senses.
- Science to create curiosity about the natural world.
- Language Arts to develop skills of pre-reading and writing and literacy.
- Mathematics to progress in number awareness and operations.
- Art to gain opportunities for each child to express themselves visually.
At Cedar Tree, we support each child’s unique interests and give each young mind opportunities to explore in a nurturing and safe environment.
Our application process is as follows:
Please call or email us to schedule a time to visit our school. We welcome parent-only observations on Tuesdays or Thursdays from 9:30 am to 10:00 am . This 30-minute observation is designed for you to see the day-to-day workings of our Children's House classroom. We recommend that parents first observe the school without children.
Prior to your visit we will send you information about Cedar Tree in addition to a "Children's Inquiry" form. Please return this form, via email, prior to your visit or bring it with you. This Inquiry form allows us to understand more about your child, what you are seeking in your preschool experience and will help us address questions at your visit. During your observation you will receive a student application.
Please see the information on how observations work at Cedar Tree Children's House by clicking here.
When you have decided that you wish to submit an application for enrollment we ask that you please submit the following to us at:
Cedar Tree Montessori, 2114 Broadway, Bellingham, WA 98225
- A copy of a recent progress report (when applicable)
- A completed student application
- $50.00 non-refundable application fee
All completed enrollment packets (application, fee and progress report) will be held until we do our internal re-enrollment process. When we know the number of openings we have in each classroom, we will fill these openings with our list of applicants. We balance our classes based on age, gender and each children’s unique needs.
After we have completed our internal re-enrollment, we will contact families who have submitted all of the above application materials to let them know their status. In the meantime, please contact us with any questions or to update your contact information.
Thank you again for taking your time to learn more about us.
After the parent observation, there is the opportunity to have your child visit the classroom after school. This is a time for them to navigate the space, meet the lead teacher and experience the environment. This is an excellent time for both you as parents and the teacher to evaluate if Cedar Tree Children's House will meet the needs of your child.